Dalhousie Tour - 3N/4D
Dalhousie- Dalhousie is one of the most famous hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie is in the district of Chamba at an elevation of around 2,000 meters. The hill station is situated at the Western end of the Dhauladhar range of mountains. Surrounded by beautiful snow-capped mountains, Dalhousie is named after its founder Lord Dalhousie, the British Governor-General in India. With several Victorian-style mansions, Scottish architecture and other charming colonial buildings, this hill station will take you back in time. The place also has few quaint churches. Dalhousie is spread over an area of 14 sq km of area and it includes five hills, namely Balun, Bakrota, Tehra, Patreyn and Kathlog. The fragrant pines, oaks, rhododendron and oaks along with several other types of tress cover the slops of the mountains. This scenic hill station if framed by the river Ravi flowing at the base of the town. Dalhousie is a popular destination for honeymooners. Dalhousie also offers you the spectacular view of the majestic snow-capped Pir Panjal mountain range located in Jammu and Kashmir, Sach Pass and Chamba’s Pangi Valley. This enchanting hill station has several tourist spots like Lohali village, Kalatop, Dainkund peak, Bakrota hills and Tibetan market. The beautiful valley of Khajiar is also quite popular among the visitors. Tourists also like visiting the region near Alla. The region offers a spectacular view of the beautiful landscape.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Arrival Amritsar Airport/Pathankot Railway Station – Proceed to Dalhousie
Day 2: Dalhousie City Tour – visit Sathdhara Falls, Chamunda Devi Temple, Kalatop Sanctuary etc
Day 3: Dalhousie – Kajjiar – Dalhousie
Day 4: Dalhousie – Amritsar Airport/Pathankot Railway Station Departure
End of Services
Day 1 Amritsar - Dalhousie
Morning arrival at airport and transfer to your get transferred to Dalhousie, by road. En-route, admire the mesmerizing scenery, the cool breeze and the verdant greenery sprinkled all around. Upon arrival in Dalhousie, complete the check-in at the hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Explore the near-by locations on your own, taste the local renditions and more. Stay overnight.
Overnight stay at Hotel Mongas or Similar
Day 2 Dalhousie
The day, post breakfast is for half-day tour sightseeing. Dalhousie was founded by Lord Dalhousie in the second half of the 1800's and so the place has been named after him. It is dotted with several attractions such as Satdhara Falls, Chamunda Devi Temple, Kalatop Sanctuary etc. The evening is at leisure. Overnight in the hotel
Overnight stay at Hotel Mongas Similar
Day 3 Dalhousie - Khajjiar - Chamba
After breakfast, for an excursion to Chamba and Khajjiar. Both these towns near Dalhousie are known for their lush landscape, floral meadows and tranquility. The list of attractions of the day includes Central Park- it offers a magnificent view of the entire hill town, Rang Mahal-one of the largest monuments of the region that is built in Mughal-British architecture, Khajjiar Lake and Bhuri Singh Museum-named after Chamba's former king, it houses collection of miniature paintings, wooden carvings etc. If you are an adventure enthusiast, you can also try your hand at zorbing. Back to Dalhousie for overnight stay.
Overnight stay at Hotel Mongas or Similar
Day 4 Dalhousie - Amritsar
After Breakfast at hotel leave from hotel & proceed to Amritsar Airport/Pathankot Railway Station for your onward journey.
End of Services
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis
- (Breakfast & Dinner) will be serve at all places (Arrival breakfast is not included)
- Transfers/Sightseeing will be provided by A/c Small Vehicle at all places – (A/c will not be operated in hilly area)
- Pickup & Drop to Amritsar Airport/Pathankot Railway Station by A/c Small Vehicle
- Assistance at Airport
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata includes
- Includes GST on the above package cost
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Local Guide/Entrance Fees
- Monument charges
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1000hrs
- Early Check in & Late Check out – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during high summer period and they will not get enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- A/C will not be operating in hilly areas as it may affect the vehicle performance.
- A/c Mini/Large Coach may not go through the narrow lanes and roads in hill stations
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
- If the booking is cancelled 45 days prior to tour start date, then full refund (Service charges @ Rs.300 per person will be payable)
- If the booking is cancelled within 44 days – 30 days, 25% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 29 days – 15 days, 50% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 14 days, then no refund will be entertained.