Amritsar Tour - 1N/2D
Amritsar - Amritsar, literally Pool of Nectar, derives its name from Amrit Sarovar, the holy tank that surrounds the fabulous Golden Temple. First time visitors to Amritsar could be forgiven for the impression that Amritsar is like any other small town in northern India. In one sense, it is - with bustling markets, haphazard traffic, unyielding cattle, crowds and congestion typical of small town India. But Amritsar stands head and shoulders above any other city, its status elevated and sanctified by the presence of the venerable Golden Temple.
Located in the heart of Amritsar, the temple complex is surrounded by a maze of narrow lanes, or katras, that house one of the busiest markets in India. But the Golden Temple is a serene presence, radiating a calm that makes people bow their heads in reverence. The gurudwara, as Sikh temples are called, is the holiest of Sikh shrines. It is not just Sikhs who travel to the Golden Temple to pay homage, the sacred shrine is equally revered by Hindus and people of other faiths who, too, make the pilgrimage to offers prayers at Harmandir Sahib.
Trip at Glance
Day 1: Start Delhi – Amritsar (By Train) – Visit: Wagah Border
Day 2: Amritsar – Delhi (By Train) – Visit: Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Durgiana Temple
End of Services
Board Amritsar Shatabdi at 7:20 am from New Delhi Railway Station and reach Amritsar by 1:40 pm. Upon arrival at Amritsar Railway Station, Meet and Greet by IPR Representative and check in at hotel.
Amritsar - home to the Golden Temple and now a Portal for the Punjab and Sikh Community. Literally meaning "holy pool of nectar" is the spiritual and cultural centre of the Sikh Religion. The Golden Temple, also known as Sri Harmandir Sahib was initiated by the fourth Guru of Sikhs, Guru Ramdas Jee and completed in 1601 by his successor Guru Arjan Dev Jee. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening visit Wagha Border – International border between India & Pakistan.
Timing - Wagah Border: The ceremony lasts for 45 minutes and is carried out before sunset. 4:15 pm is the time during winter and 4:45 during summer. The border gate is open from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. However, the ceremony starts only after 4:00 pm. So, if you want to watch the ceremony, you must reach the place not later than 3:00 pm
Overnight stay Comfort Inn Alstonia or Similar
After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to visit the World famous Golden Temple - The shrine houses the holy script of the Guru Granth Sahib and draws its name from the gold-laden dome upon a marble base. Inside lies the holy lake. Also visit the Historical landmark “Jallian Wala Bagh” – This historical site commemorates one of the most gruesome acts of mass killing committed by the British during India’s struggle for independence. And visit ‘’Sadda Pind’’ best tourist place in Amritsar & it’s a village resort (On direct payment basis) After that Today it has been converted to a beautiful park and the Martyr’s Gallery Museum, Durgaina Temple - Truly one of the most beautiful temples in Amritsar, it is dedicated to Goddess Durga.
Evening proceed to Amritsar Railway Station to board The Amritsar Shatabdi at 5:00 pm for your onward journey.
*** Tour ends with sweet memories ***
- Ac Chair Car Tickets from Delhi – Amritsar – Delhi by Shatabdi Express
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis
- (Breakfast & Dinner) will be serve at all places (Arrival breakfast is not included)
- Transfers/Sightseeing will be provided by A/c Small Vehicle at all places
- Pickup & Drop to Amritsar Airport by using A/c Small Vehicle
- Assistance at Airport
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata includes
- Includes GST on the above package cost
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Local Guide/Entrance Fees
- Monument charges
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals will be served as per the hotel’s standard timing
- Standard Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1000hrs
- Early Check in & Late Check out – Subject to availability of hotel rooms
- Wi-fi in the room – Subject to hotel’s internet policy
- Hotel Category – The actual conditions of some hotels might be lower than the star category accorded to them by the Tourism department.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in a room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- Safety caution for clients – Parents may take care of their own children
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- We have a reasonable expectation that local driver/guide will know about the places very well
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- A/C will be affected during high summer period and they will not get enough cooling inside the vehicle.
- Some vehicles may not enter hotel premises due to narrow road, market area, congested entrance etc.
- Vehicles may not enter parking points of all monuments, guests may have to walk their way into the monument.
- Some services may be affected by severe and unpredicted weather conditions
- Park your car in parking zones only and company will not be responsible for any damages.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended with/without prior notice. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package price is not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- Some hotels do not possess liquor licence. You are not permitted to consume liquor in public in those hotels. Kindly confirm the licence status with the hotel, if required.
- Valid Govt. issued personal Photo Id card/Aadhar Card will be required at the time of guest check in at hotels
- IPR will not be responsible for the loss of your valuables during this trip.
- The food and service conditions in hotels are beyond IPR controls.
- If the booking is cancelled 45 days prior to tour start date, then full refund (Service charges @ Rs.300 per person will be payable)
- If the booking is cancelled within 44 days – 30 days, 25% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 29 days – 15 days, 50% of the amount will be deducted
- If the booking is cancelled within 14 days, then no refund will be entertained.
Please note: Above package cost is valid for a couple on Double sharing basis
Validity: From 01st October to September 30th, 2019
Dussehra, Diwali & Long weekend season supplementary hike as per actual basis.