Srilanka Transit Tour - 2N/3D
Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka's ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
Trip At a Glance
Day 1 – Morning arrival at Colombo, transfer to Kandy. Proceed for sightseeing of Elephant Orphanage, Botanical Garden, Temple of Tooth. Overnight at Kandy
Day 2 – After breakfast proceed for Colombo, sightseeing and city tour with National Museum & Gangarama Temple. Overnight at Colombo.
Day 3 – Departure transfer to airport.
End of Services
Upon your arrival in Colombo, transfer to Kandy. En route visit to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Tooth Temple, Botanical garden and evening Cultural show.
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage - Approx. 55 miles from Colombo, off the Colombo - Kandy road is Pinnawala, where an orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now; including Baby Elephants brought from various parts, as well as the 23 baby elephants born as a result of the captive breeding program. The best time to visit is the feeding time from 0930-1000 hrs. and 1330-1400 hrs. and the bathing time from 1000-1030 hrs and 1400-1430 hrs. when all the elephants are taken to the river.
Kandy Temple (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic) - Ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession.
Royal Botanical Gardens - Peradeniya - 147 acres in extent; Started in 1374 as a pleasure garden of the Kings of Gampola and Kandy. There are more than 5,000 species of trees, plants and creepers. Some rare and endemic as well as flora from the tropical world are found in the gardens. Spice Garden and Orchid House are popular with tourists.
Overnight at Kandy hotel.
Colombo is the largest city and commercial capital of Sri Lanka. Located on the west coast, it is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern and colonial impressions. Colombo has wildly varying architecture that span centuries and depict various styles. Many colonial buildings influenced by the Portuguese, Dutch and British exist alongside structures built in Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, Indian and Contemporary architectural styles. No other place is this more evident in the heart of the city the Fort area. Colombo also boasts many shopping malls and department stores that offer brand name clothing at highly discounted prices. Therefore, it has become an important shopping destination among tourists.
City Tour: While on your city tour in Colombo you may visit famous places including Galle Face Green, the Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Twin World Trade Center towers, Old Parliament Building, Fort district, Independence Hall at Independence Square, and Gangaramya Budshist temple.
Overnight stay at Colombo the Hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to airport for departure flight.
*** Tour Ends with Memories***
- 01 night @ Kandy
- 01 night @ Colombo
- 02 Breakfast at hotel.
- 1 night stay @ Kandy
- 1 night stay @ Colombo
- Kandy tour- Elephant Orphanage, Botanical Garden, Temple of Tooth (entrances by own)
- Colombo tour– National Museum & Gangarama Temple (entrances by own)
- Kandy cultural show and visit to spice garden complimentary.
- All tour and transfers in private Ac vehicle
- Airfare /Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monuments.
- Tour Guide
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- This is just a reference itinerary and we are not holding any booking at the moment.
- Early check in and Early Checkout is subject to availability and charges are completely depend upon Hotel.
- The standard check in time in hotels vary from 1400 hours to 1600 hours depending upon hotel.
- Please note that final rate of exchange will be as per the final day of the transaction.
- Rate for above tour will be high during national holidays, festivals & long weekends.