Amazing Kashmir - 4N/5D
Set like a jeweled crown on the map of India, Kashmir is a multi-faceted diamond, changing its hues with the seasons – always extravagantly beautiful. Two major Himalayan ranges, the Great Himalayan Range and the Pir Panjal, surround the landscape from the north and south respectively. They are the source of great rivers, which flow down into the valleys, forested with orchards and decorated by lily-laden lakes. Kashmir is also honeymooners’ paradise, a nature lover’s wonderland and a shopper’s dream come true.
The Mughals aptly called Kashmir ‘The Paradise on Earth’ where they journeyed across the hot plains of India, to the valley’s cool environs in summer. Here they laid, with great love and care, Srinagar’s many formal, waterfront gardens, now collectively known as the Mughal Gardens. Anecdotes of four and five centuries ago describe their love for these gardens, and the rivalries that cantered around their ownership. They also patronized the development of art & craft among the people of Kashmir, leaving behind a heritage of exquisite artisanship among these people and making the handicrafts of the land prized gifts all over the world.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
(Day 1): Arrive Srinagar – Stay at Houseboat, Shikara ride at Dal Lake
(Day 2): Srinagar – Pahalgam – visit scenic beauty, Sheshnag Lake & the Lidder River etc
(Day 3): Pahalgam - Srinagar –city tour of Mughal: Garden, Nishant Garden, Shalimar Garden, The Chashmasahi Mughar Garden & also Shankarachariya Temple
(Day 4): Srinagar – Gulmarg – Srinagar (Day Excursion) – Visit world highest Golf course by cable car (Gondala Ride)
(Day 5): Srinagar Departure– Depart for home
End of Services
Day 1 Arrival at Srinagar
Upon arrival at Srinagar Sheikh Ul Alam Int’l Airport (This must be one of the Most Scenic Flights in the World), Srinagar is popularly known as the “City of Reshi’s & Sufi’s” and it is also the summer capital of the Indian state Jammu & Kashmir. You will be met by our representative and transfer to House Boat for Check in. In the evening take a shikara ride on world famous Dal Lake, where you visit the floating vegetable gardens & Dal Lake. While riding the Shikara there are plenty of opportunities for bird watching with plentiful species including Kingfisher, Little Bittern, Common Pariah Kites, Grebe etc.
Overnight stay at Deluxe House Boat or Similar Hotels
Day 2 Srinagar – Pahalgam (92 Kms – 3hrs By Drive)
After a leisurely breakfast, we check out from Houseboat & leave for overnight stay at “Pahalgam” called as “Valley of Shepherds”. Situated at the confluence of the streams flowing from Sheshnag Lake and the Lidder River, Pahalgam (2,130 m) was once a humble shepherd's village with breath-taking views. Enroute visit saffron fields (depending on the season) & 19th Century Awantipura Ruins. Upon arrival, check in to Hotel. Rest of the day is free to enjoy and explore the Beauty of “Pahalgam” (At own cost). One can go to Aru (10 kms from Pahalgam) which is a fine meadow of picturesque scenery and starting point of trekking of (Liddarwat, Kolahoi Glacier & Trsar Lake) & Betaab Valley.
Overnight stay at Hotel Aabshar or similar
Day 3 Pahalgam – Srinagar (92 Kms – 3HRS By Drive)
After a leisurely breakfast, we check out from Hotel & drive back to Srinagar. On arrival at Srinagar we check in to the pre-arranged Hotel.
Later we start our Sightseeing tour by visiting Shankaracharya Temple. It is believed that it was the place where the great philosopher and saint Shankaracharya stayed when he visited Kashmir ten centuries ago to revive Sanathan Dharma. The original ceiling was dome- shaped and the brick roof is not more than a century old. And later proceed further to Hazratbal Mosque; Situated in a village on the western shores of Dal Lake opposite Nishat Bagh, it is a pristine white marble edifice casting its reflection in the waters of the lake. Unlike the other mosques in Srinagar, which have a pagoda like roof, Hazratbal is the only mosque to have a domed roof mosque in Srinagar; the others having distinct pagoda like roof. In the afternoon, we take a visit to Mughal Gardens, Nishat Garden known as ‘Garden of pleasure’ built in 16th century (1633) by Mughal King Asif Khan. Then visit to Shalimar Garden known as ‘Garden of love’ built in 16th century (1619) by Mughal King Jahangir for his beloved wife Noor Jahan or (Mehr-un-Nissa & Chashme Shahi (The Royal Spring). The Chashme Shahi Mughal garden in Srinagar had been loved by emperors and picnickers alike and featured in many ski films also.
Return to Srinagar in the evening for dinner
Over Night stay at Hotel Asian Park or Similar
Day 4 Day Excursion To Gulmarg (54kms – 2HRS By Drive One Way)
After an early breakfast, drive towards Gulmarg for a full day excursion via Srinagar Bye-Pass. Gulmarg, called as “Meadow of Flowers”. Gulmarg is located at an altitude of 8700 – ft. Gulmarg's legendary beauty, prime location and proximity to Srinagar naturally make it one of the premier hill resorts in the country. Originally called ‘Gaurimarg’ by shepherds, its present name was given in the 16th century by Sultan Yusuf Shah, who was inspired by the sight of its grassy slopes emblazoned with wild flowers. Today Gulmarg is not merely a mountain resort of exceptional beauty- it also has the highest green golf course in the world, at an altitude of 2,650 m, and is the country's premier ski resort in the winter. One can go for the Gondola Ride up to 1st or 2nd Phase. The Gulmarg Gondola is a tourist attraction. It is one of the highest cable cars in the world, reaching 3,979 metres. The two-stage ropeway ferries about 600 people per hour to and from the Gondola main station in Gulmarg to a shoulder of nearby Mt. Affarwat Summit (4,200 m (13,780 ft)). There are also countless off-piste possibilities through the beautiful Khilanmarg meadows at the foot of Mount Affarwat, which offer a scenic view of Nanga Parbat. The Affarwat ridge at 3850+ metres offer an avalanche-controlled ski area that offers a wide field of snow to descend 800 m in approximately 3 km of skiing and is for advanced skiers only. Due to Gulmarg's steep terrain, the region is popular amongst advanced and extreme skiers from around the world and has been visited by many ski professionals.
Return to Srinagar. Overnight stay at Hotel Asian Park or Similar
Day 5 Drop To Srinagar Airport Departure
After breakfast check out and get transfer to Srinagar Airport to catch flight for your onward Destination.
*** Tour ends with sweet memories ***
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner at all hotel as per above mentioned package.
- Assistance at Airport.
- English speaking Tour Guide.
- Transfers/sightseeing will be provided by Non-A/c Individual car as per itinerary.
- 1-hour Shikhara Ride on famous Dal Lake.
- Bottled water – 1 per day
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata are included.
- Includes GST on the given package cost
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any additional meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional/optional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the ones mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- In case of any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended accordingly
- Costs are valid for minimum 2 people travelling together
- Room at all the hotels/houseboats will be base category rooms.
- If clients want NAC Innova instead of NAC Tavera/Indigo, then the cost will be increased by Rs.650/- per day.
- Child below 5 Years will be complimentary.
- Child of 5-12 Years age without Bed will be charged (please check the price at the time of making booking).
- Aru, Chandanwari & Betab Valley trip at Pahalgam by NAC Tavera will be Rs. 2,242/-
- Aru, Chandanwari & Betab Valley trip at Pahalgam by NAC Innova will be Rs. 2,550/-
- Gondola tickets till phase 1 will be Rs.977/- per ticket per head.
- Gondola tickets till phase 2 will be Rs.1, 937/- per ticket per head.