Weekend Pink City Tour - 2N/3D
Jaipur - Jaipur, the capital of the North Indian State of Rajasthan, is named after its founder Maharaja Jai Singh II (1693-1743). The city is surrounded by hills and dotted with forts. Houses with pink latticed windows line the streets and look almost magical at sunset. An extremely well-planned city, Jaipur was designed by an engineer and scholar Vidyadhar Bhattacharya, in accordance with ancient Hindu treatise on architecture, the Shilpa Shasta (Vastu).
It was planned in a grid system with wide straight avenues, roads, streets and lanes and uniform rows of shops on either side of the main roads. Jaipur remains the only place where the nine sectors that sub-divide the city symbolise the nine divisions of the universe. Jaipur is surrounded by a wall having seven gates and was built for protection from invading armies and wild animals that lurked just outside in the jungles that surrounded the city.
The Old City, also known as the Pink City, is a wonderful place to wander around. The whole city was painted pink by Maharaja Man Singh II when Prince of Wales, later Edward VII, visited Jaipur in 1876. Today, every home within the city is obliged by law to maintain this facade - hence Jaipur's is also called the Pink City. The arts and crafts of the state are amazing. You'll find elaborately fashioned jewellery, the multi-colored 'bandhini' fabrics, richly decorated handlooms, and other trinkets at the colourful bazaars of Jaipur. These bazaars are a lot of fun not just for what's available, but also for the cheerful people in their traditional costumes.
Important places to visit in Jaipur include the Amber Fort, the City Palace and Museum, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal and the Albert Hall Museum.
TRIP AT A GLANCE
Day 1: Arrival Delhi Airport/Railway Station – Proceed to Jaipur, evening visit Chokhi Dhani.
Day 2: Jaipur City Tour – Visit Amber Fort, Jantar Mantar, City Palace, Hawa Mahal etc.
Day 3: Jaipur – Delhi Departure
End of Services
Day 1 New Delhi - Jaipur
Arrival at New Delhi Airport/Railway Station & meet with our representative/driver & proceed to Jaipur. Jaipur, widely known as the 'Pink City was colored in pink to welcome Prince Albert, the consort of Queen Victoria of England who visited India in 1883 A.D. The city was founded in 1727 A.D by one of the greatest ruler Jai Singh II. Jaipur is surrounded by hills on three sides and crowned by formidable forts and majestic palaces, mansions and gardens. Jaipur is the only city in the world, which is sub-divided into nine rectangular sectors symbolizing nine divisions of universe. Also, Jaipur is the first planned city designed in accordance with 'Shilpa Shastra'- epochal treatise of Hindu architecture. During the tour you will also have a brief photography stop at Hawa Mahal - the Palace of Winds.
Evening Rest of day is at leisure or Spent time to (Chokhi Dhani on Direct payment basis) or free for independent activities.
Overnight and Dinner at Hotel.
Day 2 Jaipur sightseeing
Morning: enjoy your breakfast at the hotel; later proceed for an excursion to Amber Fort, to reach atop of the palace. This journey on embellished elephants is bound to enrich your memories with the Royal lifestyle of the Maharajas and leave you with a truly unforgettable experience. (Subject to availability Inside the Fort visit the Hall of Victory or Jag Mandir, the famed Sheesh Mahal - a room with all the four walls and ceiling completely embedded with glittering mirror pieces, which were specially imported from Belgium. Continue your journey: with the city tour of Jaipur- visiting Maharaja's City Palace, the former Royal residence, part of it is now converted into a museum. A small portion is still used by the Royal family of Jaipur. One of the major attractions of the museum is the portion known as Armory Museum, housing an impressive array of weaponry- pistols, blunderbusses, flintlocks, swords, rifles and daggers. Later visit the Jantar Mantar, which is the largest stone and marble crafted observatory in the world, having 17 large instruments; many of them are still in working condition.
Overnight and Dinner at Hotel.
Day 3 Departure
After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to New Delhi Airport/Railway Station for your onward journey.
*** Tour ends with sweet memories ***
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis
- (Breakfast & Dinner) will be serve at all places (Arrival breakfast is not included)
- Transfers/Sightseeing will be provided by A/c Small Vehicle at all places
- Pickup from New Delhi Airport/Railway Station & Drop to New Delhi Airport by A/c Small Vehicle
- Assistance at Airport
- All toll taxes, parking fee, fuel surcharges, driver bata includes
- Includes GST on the above package cost
- Airfare/Train Ticket
- Visa / Travel Insurance charges.
- Camera fee at monument.
- Local Guide/Entrance Fees
- Monument charges
- Any other services which are not mentioned in the tour cost inclusions.
- Any meals / en-route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non- alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary.
- Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement charges applicable for Long weekends and festive period.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified in the inclusions.
- Any increase in fuel cost, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel timings: Check in – 1400hrs; Check out – 1200hrs
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of check in at hotel
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar category
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- Above package cost does not valid for New Year, Christmas, Diwali, Long Weekends Etc.
- If the booking cancels before 45 days than full refund will be back (Except GST + Service charges will be applicable)
- If the booking cancels within 45 days – 30 days than 25% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 30 days – 15 days than 50% amount will be deducted
- If the booking cancels within 15 days, then non-refundable